- Simple, Delicious Middle Eastern Recipes from Fashion Designer Reem Acra
- Kosher Recipes for After the Passover Seder
- Emeril Lagasse’s Bacony Sauteed Radishes
- The Best Beef Cuts for Chili
- 6 Ways to Make Stuffing
- 8 Festive Red and Green Foods for the Ultimate Christmas Party
- A Spanish Christmas Menu by José Andrés
- “American” Chinese Food Lands in China
- Paul Bocuse’s Chicken in Vinegar Sauce
- The President's Mystery Lunch
Warning: Test Kitchen Tease snapshots may cause cravings, lip-smacking and an unshakeable desire to cook.
© Grace Parisi
Layer Cakes from Seattle's Dahlia Bakery
This week in the Test Kitchen, Food & Wine’s Senior Recipe Developer Grace Parisi tested two unparalleled layer cakes from Seattle’s Dahlia Bakery. Dahlia fills its decadent chocolate cake (top right) with an irresistible bittersweet chocolate mousse and frosts the cake with a creamy hazelnut buttercream. Brown butter yellow cake (far left) provided a rich canvas for white chocolate mousse filling—spiked with a delicate amount of orange liqueur—and bittersweet chocolate frosting. These recipes will be published early next year, but this weekend, you can practice your baking skills on this super-delicious old-fashioned chocolate layer cake from Test Kitchen Supervisor Marcia Kiesel.
Related: Layer Cake Recipes