- Best Super Bowl Chicken Wings and Beers
- Cuba's Running Out of Beer
- New High-Protein, Low-Calorie Beer Targets Gym Goers
- From Boy Band to Brewering: Taylor Hanson Talks Mmmhops, Craft Beers & Cooking
- Scientists Think Hops Could Help Fight Cancer
- Pay-to-Play Scandal Rocks Craft Beer World
- A Tiny Slovenian Town Is Building a Beer Fountain
- Could Israel Be the World’s Next Craft Beer Hub?
- Another Reason Why Beer is Good for You: It Boosts Blood Flow!
- How to Give the Gift of Cool Beer Labels
© NY Beer Week
NY Beer Week Passport
The 4th Annual NY Craft Beer Week starts today and goes through Sunday, September 25. Beer Passports are available for $10 online, or as an iPhone or Droid app, and include a complete list of events as well as coupons for $3 beers at hundreds of local bars. Some highlights by the numbers:
- 6 courses of chef Bobby Hellen’s fantastic Belgian-inspired food at Resto on Monday 9/19 for the Ultimate Brewmaster's Degustation Beer Dinner, with two beer pairings per course. Call 212-685-5585 for reservations.
- 10 days to take part in Beer Week events that include tastings, music festivals and pub crawls.
- 21 breweries pouring special beers paired with charcuterie, cheese and chocolate at the Brewer’s Choice pairing event at City Winery on the 22nd.
- $40 to attend the September 24 Have Beer, Will Travel event at Hudson Terrace and taste 50 obscure beers from NY and Canada.
- 150 mile radius of NYC: Eight breweries in this range will participate in the Just Food: Let Us Eat Local Annual Fundraiser on the 21st. Restaurants providing food include ABC Kitchen, Gramercy Tavern and the Spotted Pig, among others. A portion of proceeds from the evening will go to farmers impacted by Hurricane Irene.