- A Mad Men Viewing Party
- A Mad Men Star's Cocktail Party
- 10 Ways to Use Chocolate Chips (Other than in Chocolate Chip Cookies)
- Quinoa Sauté with Grüner Veltliner
- Why Grant Achatz Loves His Slow Cooker
- 10 Tequila Cocktails for Cinco de Mayo
- Darker and Stormier
- Corey Lee: Wise Chef of the West
- 5 Tequila Cocktails That Might Actually Improve Your Health
- 15 Best-Ever Tacos for Cinco de Mayo
I’ve always believed that South Americans are the ultimate hedonists. Talk about a culture that knows how to live well. For example, in Argentina, Brazil and Uruguay, today, July 20, is Friend’s Day (El Día del Amigo). Locals celebrate by gathering friends around the table to eat and drink. That’s my kind of holiday. In honor of Friend’s Day, I’ll be drinking Bodega Elena de Mendoza Malbec (a fantastic wine from Mendoza that’s newly imported to the States), eating empanadas and watching the COPA semifinals soccer game being played in Mendoza. Here, some other ways to celebrate Friend’s Day:
1. Have an asado (barbecue) with friends. Try these recipes from South American grillmaster Francis Mallman.
2. Host an Argentinean wine tasting. Try these bottles.
3. Host a dinner party and make our delicious empanada recipe.