- What to Drink This Valentine's Day
- Wine Predictions from a Guy Who Sells 42 Million Bottles a Year
- 12 Perfect Holiday Gift Wines
- One-Stop Shopping for Organic Wines and Cool Houseplants
- A Go-To Cocktail Party Red
- Sniff, Swirl… Downward Dog
- How to Avoid Bad Wine: Best Importers
- An Oscar-Worthy Meal
- Laid-Back Wine Stop in the Hamptons
- A Virginia Chardonnay That's Amazing with Seafood
© Steven Solomon
The Riesling-obsessed sommelier of NYC's Terroir, Paul Grieco, with the German Wine Queen.
You never know what you’re going to learn when you flip through sommelier Paul Grieco’s wine list at Terroir in NYC. In addition to wine descriptions and tasting notes, there might be a love letter to Spain’s FC Barcelona soccer team or a poem about Lindsay Lohan and Justin Timberlake. The other night I stopped in, and after flipping through pages of Rieslings, I came to a page about the Summer of Riesling concert and cruise, taking place July 19. The three-hour cruise around NY Harbor includes three awesome bands and tons of Riesling, and it will be captained by Grieco and the Deutschen Weinkoenigin (German wine queen) from the Ahr region. For tickets, click here.