- An Artisan's Guide to Austin
- Simple, Delicious Middle Eastern Recipes from Fashion Designer Reem Acra
- 7 Ways to Have a Pinterest-Worthy Thanksgiving
- A Champagne House Party with Catherine Martin and Baz Luhrmann
- Food-Inspired Design
- Halloween at Food & Wine’s Office
- Chic Maison
- London's Most Fashionable Tea
- Seamus Mullen’s Guide to Searing Food with a "Medieval Weapon"
- Wine Bottles Reincarnated
© Erica Simone
The custom kitchen at Jay Kos.
New York City fashion designer Jay Kos finds shopping for clothes boring. "We all have what we need, but we shop because we love to express ourselves creatively. The experience should also be creative." To make the shopping experience at his new menswear store, which opens today on Mott Street, more fun for both him and his clients, he's installed a fabulous custom green-glass kitchen designed by Italian manufacturer GD Cucine. The food-obsessed fashion designer, known for his preppy haberdashery, is often inspired by the colors of produce in the green market. He will also use the farmers' market to inspire the dishes he cooks at the shop, though he says the signature dish will be an omelet with artichoke hearts, which he learned to make in Italy. A Russian baker friend will also be baking tarts starting next week.