- John Besh: Stop Beating Up Fish
- How to Transform Thanksgiving Leftovers Into the Ultimate Mexican Breakfast: Turkey Chilaquiles
- Stellar Seafood in Berlin
- 28 Hours in Philadelphia - Part 1
- Michael Tusk's Maine Christmas Dinner Menu
- Chef Shuffle: The Latest from Chicago
- Soft Serve and French Fries: The Perfect Spring Dessert
- Mexico's Most Brilliant Young Chef is Coming to America
- Genius and Delicious: Kite Hill's Vegan Cheese
- Whole Foods Taps Momofuku Alum to Revamp Their Menu
Jamie Bissonnette is People's Choice Best New Chef!
This is also a good time to applaud regional winners like Midwest champion Lee Richardson, chef at Ashley’s at the Capital Hotel in Little Rock, Arkansas. Richardson created a dedicated website—voteforcheflee.com—and got American Idol winner Kris Allen to campaign for him. (Next time he's on Idol, I'm voting for him.) And then there’s Ricardo Zarate of L.A.’s Mo-Chica restaurant, who won the Pacific region thanks in part to a huge showing of national pride from the Peruvian community. And Tim Byres at Smoke in Dallas, who threw a big get-out-the-vote party that helped make him the Southwest champion.
Here’s a list of the regional winners (another round of applause). We salute you, and we also salute all 100 chefs in the People’s Best New Chef pool—you can find them here. We admire you all.
The Regional Champions
New England – Jamie Bissonnette, Coppa, Boston
Mid-Atlantic – Kyle Bailey, Birch & Barley, Washington DC
New York Area – David Felton, Ninety Acres, Peapack-Gladstone, NJ
Southeast – Bryan Emperor, Kalu Asian Kitchen, Charlotte, NC
Gulf Coast – James Lewis, Bettola, Birmingham, AL
Midwest – Lee Richardson, Ashley’s at the Capital Hotel, Little Rock, AR
Southwest – Tim Byres, Smoke, Dallas
Great Lakes – Jose Salazar, The Palace, Cincinnati
Pacific – Ricardo Zarate, Mo-Chica, Los Angeles
Northwest – Jason Franey, Canlis, Seattle