- Discovering Two Sides to San Juan
- Stellar Seafood in Berlin
- How Chicago Restaurant Maple & Ash Made Up for Missing Out on Restaurant Week
- Kosher Recipes for After the Passover Seder
- A New Orleans Pastry Chef's Broadway-Inspired Dessert Menu
- The Story Behind Semilla's Outstanding Vegetable-Centric Tasting Menu
- Preview of The (Food) Situation on MTV's Jersey Shore Season 2
- Farm-to-Table Hotels Get Serious
- Menus that Pay Homage
- A Fabulous New Craft Brew
© Nigel Parry
*It will be called Son of a Gun (cute story involving gun racks and prostitutes).
*The menu will be seafood. Look for versions of baked clams and lobster rolls; also look for funkier items like fish collars and halibut “feathers” from Animal chef Frank Anderson, who will oversee the SOG kitchen.
© kate krader
A nautical wall at Son of a Gun restaurant.
*Look for amazing Walton Ford art on the walls (it helps to know Benedikt Taschen). It will be juxtaposed with items, like inscribed life buoys, from Dotolo's grandfather's boat, Big Daddy. And fantastic old photos of a young Hugh Hefner holding up a giant marlin (men's room) and Lauren Bacall and Humphrey Bogart with their own prize catch (women's room)
*Look for awesome cocktails from Lindsay Nader, deputy editor of F&W's forthcoming Cocktails 2011.
*Look for SOG to open in the next month for dinner; and for lunch a little bit later.