- Chinese Food Outside the Takeout Box
- The Un-Restaurant Trend
- How Laurent Tourondel Makes the Sexiest Onion Ever
- Where to Go in Venice for Buttery Polenta and Red Mantis Shrimp
- 7 New Restaurants That Defy Culinary Trends
- New Favorite Beer
- Sydney Restaurant News
- Andrew Zimmern's Grilling Favorite
- Cocktails, Macao-style
- Mark Wahlberg’s Favorite Dish
© Billy Farrell Agency
Preview dinner for Sam Talbot's new sustainable seafood restaurant.
Chef Sam Talbot (the Top Chef heartthrob and chef of Montauk, New York’s Surf Lodge) gave a select group of super-fashionable guests a peek at some of the sustainably minded seafood dishes he’ll be serving at Imperial No. 9, his forthcoming restaurant that will open at the Mondrian SoHo in NYC early next year. The dinner, hosted by photographer Poppy de Villeneuve, was held at Miami’s Mondrian Hotel during Art Basel, and the long communal table was appropriately decorated with de Villeneuve’s photos and Talbot’s own paintings (when he's not cooking, he paints). The menu included fried oysters with chowchow and crispy ham; lemon king crab a la plancha with sweet-and-sour butter and crispy garlic chips; four-hour octopus with chiles, soy and lime; and spicy cucumber kimchi with napa cabbage.