- How to Make Avocado Roses: The Hottest Thing to Hit Instagram Since... Avocado Toast
- This New Bill Would Protect Food Companies From Public Scrutiny
- Delivery Men Scale Walls to Bring Food to Students in China
- Who Will Buy This $150 Platinum-Topped Donut?
- This New Plant-Based Food Packaging Will Cut Waste and Save You Money
- This Virtual Reality Company Is Taking the Food Out of Dining
- Science Reveals Which Herbal Teas Boost Memory
- Best New Jerk Sauce from a Best New Chef
- Fast Food Packaging: Are Chemicals Leaking into Your Food?
- Two Liquids Are Surprisingly Good for Gut Bacteria
© Forks Over Knives
Forks Over Knives asserts that diseases like diabetes, hypertension and cancer can be treated—even reversed—through a whole-foods, plant-based diet. The film follows a group of individuals, including the film’s director Lee Fulkerson, as they undergo radical diet changes to combat high cholesterol and cardiovascular disease. The participants shed pounds and find new levels of energy: one breast cancer survivor in her seventies is now a six-time Ironman triathlon finisher. I was inspired by the message that we can control our own health through our diets. Even former President Bill Clinton is a believer: Motivated by the researchers profiled in the film, he recently cut out meat and dairy and lost 24 pounds.