- A Wine Critic Apologizes
- London's New Princi Bakery
- Blake Lively Wants Contraband Hot Sauce
- Pulino's Has Sold How Many Pizzas?
- Splendid Table on NPR
- London Black Book Part II
- Breaking Ice Cream News: Morgenstern's Unveils Limited-Edition Collaborations, Like Rose Gold & Black Diamonds
- It’s October: Do You Know Where Your Farm Bill Is?
- Gagnaire Does Vegas
- A Hotel That Teaches Butchering
© Forks Over Knives
Forks Over Knives asserts that diseases like diabetes, hypertension and cancer can be treated—even reversed—through a whole-foods, plant-based diet. The film follows a group of individuals, including the film’s director Lee Fulkerson, as they undergo radical diet changes to combat high cholesterol and cardiovascular disease. The participants shed pounds and find new levels of energy: one breast cancer survivor in her seventies is now a six-time Ironman triathlon finisher. I was inspired by the message that we can control our own health through our diets. Even former President Bill Clinton is a believer: Motivated by the researchers profiled in the film, he recently cut out meat and dairy and lost 24 pounds.