- 12 Perfect Holiday Gift Wines
- Spain's #1 Source for Old Wine
- Best July 4th Drinks
- Why Would Anyone Drink Old Prosecco?
- Preview: Brooklyn's New Urban Winery
- Virginia Wine Country Has a Chef Mega-Fan
- Where to Drink Wine in Santa Barbara, CA
- A Zippy, Delicious French White
- Ray Isle's Ultimate Super Bowl Sunday Beverage Plan
- Confessions of a Blogger
© The Grand Dalles
The Grand Dalles Dry Riesling
Over the weekend a friend was complaining about how he hates to buy wine online because he misses having someone to discuss the wine with as he's making the purchase. Scott Elder and Stephanie LaMonica, the husband-and-wife team behind the new winery The Grande Dalles in Oregon, realized other wine lovers may share my friend’s frustration, so on Cyber Monday they kicked off a “Chat with the Winemaker” promotion via Skype. They are answering questions about growing, winemaking, tasting and what foods to pair with their recently released wines. Customers must buy three bottles of wine as part of the “Holiday Chat Pack” to participate in the 10-minute Skype session.