- Haylie Duff Believes in White Plates and Tangelo Margaritas
- 11 Chef Tips for Hosting a Super-Cozy Fall Party
- 6 New Party Essentials
- 7 Ways to Have a Pinterest-Worthy Thanksgiving
- A Champagne House Party with Catherine Martin and Baz Luhrmann
- The 9 Best Treats to Bring to a Holiday Party
- “Who’s THAT Dude?”
- Michael Psilakis on What It's Like to Cook for President Obama
- Halloween at Food & Wine’s Office
- World’s Wackiest Ice Creams
© Wired Images
Kevin West's Dewar's-spiked marmalade
The super-hip fashion label Band of Outsiders just opened a cool new design studio in Los Angeles. To christen the space, Band of Outsiders founder Scott Sternberg hosted a dinner party there last week, with cocktails from Dewar’s and food catered by F&W Best New Chefs 2009 Vinny Dotolo and Jon Shook of Animal.
Among the 100 guests who sat down to the brown-butcher-paper-covered table were actress Marisa Tomei, editor Lisa Love, model Jessica Joffe and author Bret Easton Ellis. A highlight of the night was Kevin West’s take-home gifts: The former W magazine editor turned jam obsessive, founder of West Sweet Preserves, used Dewar’s White Label to make an awesome marmalade with local Valencia oranges, Eureka lemons and Marsh grapefruits. For those not at the party, click here to order a jar.