- How to Make the Cutest Easter Bunny Cake Ever
- 5 Bakers Behind the Whole Grain Bread Revolution
- 7 Ways to Cook with Coconut Oil
- 6 Go-To Cookie Baking Tips
- 22-Year-Old Blogger Kamran Siddiqi Shares His Classic Dessert Recipes
- 4 Ways to Transport Cupcakes
- 10 Ways to Frost Cupcakes
- 3 Methods for Stuffing Cupcakes
- Can Food Sales Predict the Election?
- A Pacific Northwest Foodie Island
© Kristin Donnelly
I would never have called Wilton, the bakeware maker, edgy. The company has entire categories of cake decorations devoted to Dora the Explorer and Spider-Man and makes 15 different kinds of heart-shaped pans. So I was shocked when they sent me an incredible cake mold that forms a three-dimensional skull. It's part of their Halloween line "for grown-ups" that also includes a skull-shaped ice mold. I made the skull cake last weekend and brought it to a party, where we set it in the middle of the table. As a centerpiece, it straddled the line between hip and gruesome until we sliced it; then, it was nothing more than pumpkin-spice cake.
Related: Halloween Desserts