- Christie Brinkley Just Launched Her Own Prosecco
- The Underdog American Wines that are Competing with the World's Best
- eBay Gets into the Wine Business
- What It Takes to Become the Best Sommelier in the World
- 5 Pink Sparkling Wines for Valentine's Day
- 7 Top Sparkling Wines of 2014
- This Serbian Artist Paints with Wine
- Smart Wine Dispenser Learns Your Palate (Sort of)
- A Go-To Wine Pairing for Pulled Pork
- Americans Sure Do Love Their Sweet Red Wine Blends
© Joshua David Stein
Andrew Zimmern and Michael White in action at Carts in the Parc
*Sommelier Showdown – On Saturday morning, the country's best (and it would seem most hungover) sommeliers, plus some adventurous wine fans, congregated at Del Posto for a superfun blind-tasting contest, complete with elimination rounds, performances by new wine-rapping star Justin Warner and a big win by Bar Boulud’s Michael Madrigale.
*The Cosmopolitan After Party – Yes, I was excited for a late-night party from the opening-soon Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas (I’m partial to any party that has the prefix "after"). And this was pretty much the kind of party I dream about — superb sushi from Blue Ribbon, no line and great drinks at the bar, good DJ, sweet rooftop option and an old-school photo booth that let you choose black-and-white or color (always b&w).
*Carts in the Parc – Andrew Zimmern, F&W’s new favorite TV food star, played host to a genius afternoon party at the very cool, just opened FoodParc and invited 24 of his favorite food trucks to park there. In less than five minutes I managed to eat a killer tongue slider from chef Michael White, a Biryani Cart superspicy kati roll and a Treats Truck peanut-butter cupcake. Eater’s Joshua David Stein has more hilarious highlights.