- Mondavi's Garden Campaign
- It’s October: Do You Know Where Your Farm Bill Is?
- A Week of Unbelievable Meal Steals in California
- Are Farmers the Next Celebrity Chefs?
- Next Big Fruit: Baby Peaches?
- In Vitro Meat vs. Real Food
- Day 6: Dinner at Vetri
- Santa Barbara’s Newest Food Stand
- Tonight's Fabulous Beekman Boys Finale
- Sustainability Cheat Sheet
© Michael Wall
No early tastings of Gerry Klaskala's winning grilled cheese-tomato sandwiches
BEST TASTING: Aria’s Grilled Cheese with Roof Top Dried Tomatoes. Gerry Klaskala made stellar grilled cheese sandwiches using great long slices of Pullman bread and cutely-named dried tomatoes.
MOST CREATIVE: JCT Kitchen & Bar’s Killer Tomato Jelly Doughnuts. No, this didn’t sound like a good idea to me, but the doughnuts by chef Ford Fry and his team were perfect and the bacon custard on the side was genius.
BEST BOOTH: Holeman & Finch. F&W Best New Chef 2009 Linton Hopkins’ booth was tomatopalooza, with tomato plants in cages and 100 origami tomatoes hanging on a garland over the table.
(BONUS) MY CREATIVE RUNNER UP #1: Abbatoir’s. Hawaiian Shaved Ice with Tomato Herb Waters. They had a shaved ice machine going, and three kinds of toppings, my favorite being the sweet tomato chile. The finishing splash of Georgia moonshine did not hurt.
Here, 12 more food festivals from around the world, including another tomato celebration (more along the lines of what Max had in mind).