- Christie Brinkley Just Launched Her Own Prosecco
- The Underdog American Wines that are Competing with the World's Best
- eBay Gets into the Wine Business
- What It Takes to Become the Best Sommelier in the World
- 5 Pink Sparkling Wines for Valentine's Day
- 7 Top Sparkling Wines of 2014
- This Serbian Artist Paints with Wine
- Smart Wine Dispenser Learns Your Palate (Sort of)
- A Go-To Wine Pairing for Pulled Pork
- Americans Sure Do Love Their Sweet Red Wine Blends
© Outside Lands
Kings of Leon
Last week I had a chance to talk to with Kings of Leon drummer Nathan Followill. The band is headlining the Outside Lands music festival in San Francisco next weekend. In addition to a supertalented lineup of musicians, this year’s festival has an equally talented lineup of chefs and winemakers. I asked Followill if he was worried about the extra competition. If anything, he was more worried about how he’d be able to fit in all of the eating and drinking between sets. Here, his response:
“My wife and I are such foodies and winos. We were looking at the lineup of all of the bands, getting excited, thinking about who we were all going to see. At the same time she was also picking out different wineries and chefs and food people that are going to have setups that we wanted to check out.
I enjoy food and wine as much as I do music and I think they all share a lot of similarities. And, you know, hopefully this is the start of something great and long lasting and we can all get fat and drunk together while we’re listening to good tunes.
It’s going to be tough for us to balance the music and the food and the wine. But I promise you I will definitely have purple teeth by the time we take the stage on Sunday night.”