- Cocktail Savvy Makes You Sexy, Says Survey
- A Winning Mai Tai (with Tequila)
- The Return of the 80s Cocktail
- What Actually is Wassailing?
- How to Transform Thanksgiving Leftovers into Boozy Cocktails
- Tips for Perfect Pairings and More
- Secrets to Drinking Like You're in Havana
- 11 Crazy-Easy Thanksgiving Cocktails
- Why You Should Use More Spices in Your Cocktails
- The Cha-Chunker Creates In-Can Cocktails
F&W's awesome DC stringer Amanda McClements
I’ve picked my poison for the dog days of summer, and it comes from a slushy machine. Adult frozen drinks, a.k.a. slushitos, have hit Washington, DC, at Estadio, Mark Kuller’s new Spanish tapas joint that opened on 14th Street last week. Among bar manager Adam Bernbach’s knockout flavors: the Spanish-inspired quince with lemon, paprika, Scotch and sherry. “I was playing around with membrillo, and something about it reminded me of Scotch,” Bernbach says. “I thought it would be really fun.” Also churning in the slushy machine: fresh strawberries with lime, basil, Campari and gin. Bernbach plans to offer new slushito flavors each month.
© Amanda McClements
Estadio's adult slushies