- 12 Perfect Holiday Gift Wines
- What to Pair with Lively, Citrusy, Light-Bodied Whites
- 3 Best Wines to Pair with Pasta Bolognese
- Beaujolais Nouveau Celebrates 60 Years
- For Champagne, Skip the Flute
- Berlin's Big Food Trend
- How Long it Really Takes to Chill a Bottle of Wine
- Affordable Summer Wines: Dry Rosés
- How to Taste Wine Like a Pro
- 6 Wineries to Visit in North Carolina
© Donna Da Vine
Brooklyn's Donna Da Vine wine shop.
I have a “work hard, eat well” mentality. I’ll run 12 miles or bike two hours, and rather than refuel with a protein shake, I’ll go someplace like ’Fatty Cue and feast on pork spareribs and ’cue coriander bacon. So I was curious when friends invited me to a workout-and-wine-tasting event last week at Donna Da Vine wine shop in Boerum Hill, Brooklyn. Personal trainer Leanne Shear meets a group at Cadman Plaza Park and conducts a 45-minute workout with running and some strength training. Afterward, the group goes back to Donna Da Vine for a wine tasting. The first session was such a hit that there are plans to start holding a Bootcamp and Beer version when Donna Da Vine opens its sister shop, highlighting local beers and cheeses, next month.