- 6 Ways to Make Stuffing
- 8 Festive Red and Green Foods for the Ultimate Christmas Party
- A Spanish Christmas Menu by José Andrés
- Incredible Gluten-Free Cakes, Buns and Pizza
- Rules for the Perfect Lunch
- 10 Red Berry Dishes to Celebrate (RED)
- Succulent Asian Spiced Duck Burgers
- 10 Best-Ever Pasta Salads for the Fourth of July
- Cachaça Cocktails
- Would You Eat Breast Milk Cheese?
I'm very lucky to be married to a builder for so many reasons: From major renovations to minor repairs, he's always ready to help. He even customizes kitchen tools for me. My most recent request was for him to cut me an eight-inch length of three-quarter-inch PVC pipe from his scrap pile, so I could roll out dough for Asian dumplings.
Standard rolling pins are too long and heavy. I've made dumplings using wooden dowels, but we don't seem to have many lying around. Broom handles are great, but then you have to cannibalize your broom. PVC (polyvinyl chloride pipe-a combination of plastic and vinyl) is perfect: smooth, lightweight and easy to customize.