- Simple, Delicious Middle Eastern Recipes from Fashion Designer Reem Acra
- Kosher Recipes for After the Passover Seder
- Emeril Lagasse’s Bacony Sauteed Radishes
- The Best Beef Cuts for Chili
- 6 Ways to Make Stuffing
- 8 Festive Red and Green Foods for the Ultimate Christmas Party
- A Spanish Christmas Menu by José Andrés
- 5 Quick and Comforting Rice Dishes
- 9 Ways to Use Portobello Mushrooms
- Crispy, Crunchy Gluten-Free Chicken Wings
I'm very lucky to be married to a builder for so many reasons: From major renovations to minor repairs, he's always ready to help. He even customizes kitchen tools for me. My most recent request was for him to cut me an eight-inch length of three-quarter-inch PVC pipe from his scrap pile, so I could roll out dough for Asian dumplings.
Standard rolling pins are too long and heavy. I've made dumplings using wooden dowels, but we don't seem to have many lying around. Broom handles are great, but then you have to cannibalize your broom. PVC (polyvinyl chloride pipe-a combination of plastic and vinyl) is perfect: smooth, lightweight and easy to customize.