- Are These Really the 100 Most Romantic Restaurants in America?
- The Roast Chicken That Changed America
- Chinese Food Outside the Takeout Box
- The Un-Restaurant Trend
- How Laurent Tourondel Makes the Sexiest Onion Ever
- Where to Go in Venice for Buttery Polenta and Red Mantis Shrimp
- 7 New Restaurants That Defy Culinary Trends
- 12 Nights of Giving at Meadowood
- Ommegang's Brew News
- Eating at The Cosmopolitan Las Vegas with Jay-Z and Chris Martin
© Rory Tischler
F&W Publisher Christina Grdovic Baltz & Chef Marcus Samuelsson at C-CAP 20th Anniversary Benefit
"I began my involvement with C-CAP 15 years ago because I felt a responsibility to kids who wouldn't otherwise know about the culinary field,” said Samuelsson. "They're the next generation of chefs, and it's so important for them to have exposure to the restaurant world."
C-CAP students helped prepare food for the event alongside more than 30 New York City chefs, including Alfred Portale (one of Samuelsson's mentors and tennis partners) and Jason Hall from Gotham Bar & Grill, who served an amazing cauliflower custard topped with sea urchin, trout roe and aged soy sauce, and F&W Best New Chef 2006 Christopher Lee from Aureole, who made the restaurant's signature sea scallop sandwich with seared foie gras, passion fruit and sugar snap peas.