- A Mad Men Star's Cocktail Party
- The Coolest Online Cocktail Party
- Watch the Fastest, Fiercest Female Mixologists in Action at Speed Rack This Weekend
- 10 Tequila Cocktails for Cinco de Mayo
- Where to Find Festive Holiday Cocktails
- 7 Cinco de Mayo Drinks That Aren't Margaritas
- Darker and Stormier
- 5 Tequila Cocktails That Might Actually Improve Your Health
- 5 Supremely Cozy New Hot Chocolates to Sip This Winter
- How to Make Fat-Washed Spirits Like Truffle Oil Tequila
© Jen Murphy
The après-ski party at Mooserwirt.
Dining at American ski resorts has undergone a radical transformation over the last few years, but Europeans still one-up Americans when it comes to post-ski indulgence. I’ve just come back from a week of snowboarding in St. Anton am Arlberg, Austria. The charming Tyrolean village is considered the birthplace of modern skiing and is also arguably Europe’s best après-ski destination. I’ll be blogging this week about my adventures.
Adventure One: The legendary Mooserwirt bar claims to sell more beer per square meter than anyplace else in Austria. As skiers come down the slopes around 4 p.m. they stop off to dance on picnic tables to techno-versions of "Sweet Carolina" and "YMCA" and warm up with Jägertee (black tea spiked with rum, schnapps, sugar and sometimes a bit of lemon) or my new personal favorite, Heiße Witwe, a warm plum liqueur with cream and cinnamon. Wilder than the dancing is watching tipsy partiers try to ski home down the mountain in the dark.