- Great Kosher for Passover Wines
- Kosher Recipes for After the Passover Seder
- Carla Hall's Soulful Southern Christmas
- Best New Cocktail Snacks
- How to Throw a Forbidden Rice Feast
- The Wednesday Chef's Ultimate Christmas Cookie Platter
- Essential Tips for Holiday Wine Buying
- 12 Perfect Holiday Gift Wines
- Last Minute Bubbly: CBS Early Show
- Sweet Cambodian New Year's Treat
© North Wood Blanket Co.
Hooray! We've made it the twelfth and final bag in this holiday wine carrier spectacular! I've had a fun time tracking these things down, and it's been exciting to see the endless design possibilities for carrying a bottle of wine.
Which brings me to today's wine-bottle gift-bag: Ontario designer Lori Norwood of North Wood Blanket Co. repurposes the sleeves of old sweaters, turning them into vibrant, cozy, little wool bags that will hug your wine just like a sleeping bag.
Now, what to go in these bags? This time of year I gravitate toward Loire Valley Cabernet Franc for the herbal qualities it takes on—when it's good—and for the brambly berry notes it almost always has. Lately, I've been particularly into the rosemary-scented 2007 Charles Joguet Cuvée Terroir Chinon ($18, find this wine), perfect for holiday roasts and sipping by the fire.