- Celebrating Earth Day Hawaiian Style
- Favorite New Tool for Summer Preserves
- A Hotel That Teaches Butchering
- Eating Spanish Food at Tertulia Supports Vermont
- American Lamb
- Menu-Free Restaurants
- Day 2: Pigs & Produce at Thackeray Farms
- The Meat and Greet Movement
- Day 5: Foraging For Mushrooms with MAW
- The Freshest Produce in Town
Late that night after dinner at Vetri, we hit the road towards New York City. I hated to skip over my native New Jersey without even a single stop, but six days was a long time to be away from my wife and newborn son, and I missed them both. It was time to go home.
By way of summing up the experience, it's hard to pick favorites. I learned more than I thought I would on this trip, and was glad I had members of my team with me to share in the experience. We all found fresh inspiration in the people we met along the way, all of them committed in one way or another to good food: whether growing it, catching it, distributing it, or cooking it. I enjoyed the chance to form deeper relationships with Anson Mills and Rappahannock River Oysters, and feel that in Cane Creek Farm, Culton Organics, and Samuels & Son I've discovered new suppliers whose products I'm excited to use in my restaurants.
And so, at the end of this six day journey, there's only one question that remains in the back of my mind. Where should I go next?