- Chinese Food Outside the Takeout Box
- The Un-Restaurant Trend
- How Laurent Tourondel Makes the Sexiest Onion Ever
- Where to Go in Venice for Buttery Polenta and Red Mantis Shrimp
- 7 New Restaurants That Defy Culinary Trends
- Adrian Grenier Stars at the International Gourmet Festival
- St. Louis Food Crawl
- What Makes a Perfect Lobster Roll?
- Cocktails for a Cause
- Most Coveted Dinner Invite in Portland, Maine?
© Courtesy of Tom Colicchio
Dinner at Jaleo
Since we were planning to stay in DC for the night, Jose Andres encouraged us to have dinner at one of his restaurants. Although minibar at Café Atlantico is the talk of the town in Washington right now, I was in the mood for paella so we opted for Jose's bar and tapas joint, Jaleo.
Jaleo has been open for years and yet it's always festive and buzzing. Two highlights of our meal were a delicious arroz negro paella and lomo iberico, a salt-roasted pork tenderloin. Jose joined us for the second half of the meal, and it was great to have a chance to catch up with a good friend I don't see often enough.