- Where to Eat in Austin During SXSW
- 9 Incredible Ice Cream Treats to Try Before Summer's Over
- Stellar Seafood in Berlin
- Cuba's Running Out of Beer
- The Ultimate Wine Road Trip
- An Icelandic Chef is Lost & Found
- Mukul: Nicaragua's Amazing New Beach Resort
- Recipes from Australia’s Byron Bay – the Healthiest Place on Earth
- Chef Chris Cosentino’s Guide to Mexico City
- 7 Luxurious Private Wine Tastings
© The Berkeley
Haute-cookies at the Berkeley hotel in London.
I’ll be blogging this week about discoveries from my recent eight-day trip to London. The city was buzzing with pop-up restaurant/design projects, ambitious new hotels and hip new British comfort food joints. One of my favorite finds was at the Berkeley hotel, which just introduced the fall/winter collection of its super-popular Prêt-à-Portea (the menu changes every six months to reflect the new fashion season). This haute-couture-inspired tea service features edible designs inspired by Christian Lacroix, Louis Vuitton and Christian Dior. Adorable confections include a Roger Vivier chocolate boot cookie, a Mulberry "Bayswater" white-chocolate-and-coconut-truffle "it" bag and a cinnamon Burberry Prorsum trench-coat cookie with a caramel belt and buttons. All are served on Paul Smith china alongside a proper cup of English tea.