- BITE Silicon Valley's Line-Up Will Cover Food Waste, GMOs and Roy Choi's Veggie Burgers
- Jennifer Rubell Turns Oatmeal into Art
- Brooklyn Beer Bash
- Wine-and-Junk-Food Pairing Challenge
- NYC’s Frankies Spuntino at LA’s Animal Restaurant
- Supersharp New Knives
- The Sauciest Cooking Class in Town
- Le Fooding: The Recap
- Star Chefs Bake for a Cause
- A Traveler's Drink of Choice
© kate krader
9 p.m. Burger Bash – Top Chef contestant Spike Mendelsohn, who had a tremendous get-out-the-vote campaign with cheerleaders and pins, won the judges' favorite award with the Obama Burger (a bacon–blue cheese number).
Midnight Daily Candy’s Midnight Music and Munchies – Little Owl’s Joey Campanaro gave free dancing lessons while PDT’s Jim Meehan served a drink that was so good I forgot the name of it (!), but it was dramatically garnished with slapped mint.
Saturday, 11 a.m. Fun and Fit in the City – In the green room at the Harlem Children’s Zone, Rachael Ray told the former Knicks guard Allan Houston about the days when she had to cook with no money. Then President Bill Clinton told a gym packed with families that he knew personally how hard it was to find healthy food choices in Harlem. “There are a lot of other options, and they all taste good,” he said. Later, panelists Ray, Houston and Dr. Mehmet Oz talked about the challenges of eating healthfully in the South. “I grew up in Kentucky, and we’d eat pork chops for breakfast,” said Houston. “Gravy is a beverage there,” replied Oz.
© kate krader