- What to Drink This Valentine's Day
- Wine Predictions from a Guy Who Sells 42 Million Bottles a Year
- 12 Perfect Holiday Gift Wines
- The Spanish Winemaker of the Moment
- Timeline: A History of Rosé in the U.S.A.
- The Very Best Way to Deal With a Red Wine Stain
- Value Bottles from Someone Who Buys Wine for a Living
- Matcha Lattes, Sweet Potato Shochu and 1975 Petrus Through a Straw
- A Roberto Conterno Wine Dinner
- Wine Crush
Summer is usually internship season. But summer is nearly over and fewer than a fifth of recent college graduates have job offers. Now TravelOregon (the state's tourism organization) has launched an internship contest; the seven winners will work alongside a top Oregon rancher, distiller or chef for a week. Applicants have until September 18 to submit a short video and make a case (in 140 words or less) for why they are worthy of the all-expenses-paid internship. A few of the opportunities:
*Work alongside Food & Wine Best New Chef 2007 Gabriel Rucker, at Portland’s awesome Le Pigeon restaurant.
* Explore the art of vineyard-designate winemaking from Lynn Penner- Ash, winemaker at Willamette Valley’s Penner-Ash Wine Cellars.
* Make artisanal cheese with David Gremmels of the excellent Rogue Creamery.
* Turn hops and grains into craft beer with brewmaster Jamie Emmerson of Hood River’s Full Sail Brewery.
* Learn about craft spirits and get a degree in mixology with distiller Jim Bendis of Bendistillery.