- 12 Perfect Holiday Gift Wines
- Chefs & Champagne
- Buying This Great Value Wine Supports Human Rights Worldwide
- Where to Drink Wine in Chicago
- How to Talk to a Sommelier
- An Italian White that Smells Like Fresh Herbs and Ripe Peaches
- "Natural" Winemakers In New York
- A Reason to Celebrate Wine, Food and Friends
- Toast 2014 With Elegant Pink Cava
- Renegade Rum, Via Scotland
Summer is usually internship season. But summer is nearly over and fewer than a fifth of recent college graduates have job offers. Now TravelOregon (the state's tourism organization) has launched an internship contest; the seven winners will work alongside a top Oregon rancher, distiller or chef for a week. Applicants have until September 18 to submit a short video and make a case (in 140 words or less) for why they are worthy of the all-expenses-paid internship. A few of the opportunities:
*Work alongside Food & Wine Best New Chef 2007 Gabriel Rucker, at Portland’s awesome Le Pigeon restaurant.
* Explore the art of vineyard-designate winemaking from Lynn Penner- Ash, winemaker at Willamette Valley’s Penner-Ash Wine Cellars.
* Make artisanal cheese with David Gremmels of the excellent Rogue Creamery.
* Turn hops and grains into craft beer with brewmaster Jamie Emmerson of Hood River’s Full Sail Brewery.
* Learn about craft spirits and get a degree in mixology with distiller Jim Bendis of Bendistillery.