- Alternative Sparklers for Summer
- A Couple of Good, Cheap Wines for the Weekend
- Great Inexpensive Wines for Superbowl Sunday
- Value Wine Friday: Five Under $20
- Dinner with the Australians
- Wines for a Hot Summer Wedding
- Today Show: Made in America Wines
- Holiday Wines: Fox Business & CBS Early Show
- VOS Selections Tasting
- Value Bottles from Someone Who Buys Wine for a Living
We have hit prime Sauvignon Blanc season here in New York City, with 90-degree days and unbearable humidity. Lucky for me, the Food & Wine wine fridge happens to be loaded with Sauvignon Blanc, so I took the opportunity to taste through a dozen or so and turned up a few that would be great for the steamy weekend.
2008 Bogle California Sauvignon Blanc ($10, find this wine)
This affordable California bottling is made with grapes from both Monterey and the Russian River Valley. Not at all a complex wine, it's simply refreshing, with lemon-lime and tropical-fruit flavors.
2008 Robert Oatley Sauvignon Blanc ($18, find this wine)
From Western Australia, this Sauvignon has a spritzy pink-grapefruit flavor and cool sage-y notes.
2008 Valentin Bianchi Famiglia Bianchi Sauvignon Blanc ($16, find this wine)
This Argentine white from Mendoza is bright, crisp and fresh, with a pretty key-lime aroma.