- California's New Wine Film Festival Kicks Off on Valentine's Day
- Russian Robot Nose Smells Food Freshness
- Cotton Candy Inspires a Potential Breakthrough for Artificial Organs
- Americans Are Drinking Lots of High-End Whiskey, Not So Much Cheap Gin
- Would You Eat Lab-Grown Shrimp?
- Amazon Introduces Free On-Demand Sommeliers in Japan
- France Bans Food Waste, Makes Grocery Stores Donate Unsold Items
- Starbucks Wants to Build the Eataly of Coffee
- Counterfeiters Painted Spoiled Olives to Make Them Look Fresh
- Cocktail Savvy Makes You Sexy, Says Survey
The No. 7 must-read over at the Daily Beast's Cheat Sheet, appropriately, is the obituary for master distiller Jimmy Bedford, one of only seven men responsible for sipping new batches of Jack Daniel's iconic Old No. 7 Tennessee Whiskey. Bedford passed away on Friday from a heart attack at age 69. In his honor, here, nine whiskey cocktails, including the cassis-flavored Tennessee Rose, plus the Lynchburg Lemonade, named for the town housing the Jack Daniel Distillery.