- 6 Ways to Make Stuffing
- 8 Festive Red and Green Foods for the Ultimate Christmas Party
- A Spanish Christmas Menu by José Andrés
- Healthy Borscht Salad with Juicy Beaujolais
- A Fried-Chicken Upgrade for John Travolta
- Outstanding Triple-Decker Lemongrass Pork Burgers
- 25 Brilliant Weeknight Dinners from Chefs
- Michelin and Zagat Guides—The Cliff Notes Edition
- 7 Super-Easy Father's Day Brunch Recipes
- A Fast and Red Wine–Friendly Chicken Noodle Soup
The actors in the forthcoming movie Julie & Julia love food as much as their characters do. At a press junket over the weekend, Meryl Streep (Julia Child) called costar Stanley Tucci (Paul Child) “a great chef.” To prove her point, she told a story about inviting Tucci and his wife to a dinner party. Streep had prepared blanquette de veau (veal in white cream sauce), but when the guests arrived, the dish wasn’t ready yet. Almost immediately, Tucci was in the kitchen. Before long, “he’d taken complete control,” says Streep.
Tucci denied everything, smiled and would say only that they drank lots of wine.
Here, a few recipes inspired by the film, including a quiche published in the August issue of F&W: