- How Chicago Restaurant Maple & Ash Made Up for Missing Out on Restaurant Week
- Kosher Recipes for After the Passover Seder
- A New Orleans Pastry Chef's Broadway-Inspired Dessert Menu
- The Story Behind Semilla's Outstanding Vegetable-Centric Tasting Menu
- Best Dish of the James Beard Gala
- First Look: Niko
- Desperate Hearts
- Exciting New Seasonal Beers are Perfect for Pairing
- Berlin’s Secret Nightclub Restaurants
- Santa Barbara Cheat Sheet Part I
© Diane Bondareff
“We thought it'd be fun to do interpretations of iconic foods from each city on Southwest Airlines' new flight routes from New York,” says Sisha Ortúza, 'wichcraft's chef and co-owner (with star chef Tom Colicchio). Ortúzar came up with a menu that includes an NYC meatball parm sub, a Chicago bratwurst with sweet sautéed onions and (my favorite) a Baltimore soft-shell-crab sandwich with watercress and a tartar sauce made with lemon aioli and house-made pickles.
Now if only Southwest would offer the sandwiches on their flights, I might be inspired to bust a rhyme—although a couple of the ginger margaritas at The Southwest Porch might do the trick.