- Discovering Two Sides to San Juan
- Stellar Seafood in Berlin
- How Chicago Restaurant Maple & Ash Made Up for Missing Out on Restaurant Week
- Kosher Recipes for After the Passover Seder
- A New Orleans Pastry Chef's Broadway-Inspired Dessert Menu
- The Story Behind Semilla's Outstanding Vegetable-Centric Tasting Menu
- Italy's Hyped Mozzarella Bar Makes Its U.S. Debut
- Food, Wine & Football
- What Does Perfume Taste Like?
- Bring on the Voodoo Doughnut Burger
Chefs have proclaimed pork their favorite sandwich filling, creating everything from new takes on banh mi to messy pork-belly sliders. But recently I've been spotting uni (sea urchin) on sandwiches all around New York City. Uni-obsessed chef Michael White is serving sea-urchin-and-lardo crostini at his new seafood restaurant, Marea. Chef George Mendes has created a stellar sea urchin toast with cauliflower cream for his menu at the recently opened Aldea. And the Chelsea tapas spot El Quinto Pino does a clever sea urchin panino.
© Melissa Hom
Uni-obsessed chef Michael White.