- A New Orleans Pastry Chef's Broadway-Inspired Dessert Menu
- The Story Behind Semilla's Outstanding Vegetable-Centric Tasting Menu
- What to Eat Before Running 53 Miles?
- Outrageous Breakfast Sandwiches
- Menus that Pay Homage
- Beer Gets 4-Star Treatment at Daniel
- 36 Hours in Bogotá Part Two
- What Makes a Wine Bar a Wine Bar?
- Boston’s Best Ice Cream
- A Rye Toast to J.D. Salinger
Chefs have proclaimed pork their favorite sandwich filling, creating everything from new takes on banh mi to messy pork-belly sliders. But recently I've been spotting uni (sea urchin) on sandwiches all around New York City. Uni-obsessed chef Michael White is serving sea-urchin-and-lardo crostini at his new seafood restaurant, Marea. Chef George Mendes has created a stellar sea urchin toast with cauliflower cream for his menu at the recently opened Aldea. And the Chelsea tapas spot El Quinto Pino does a clever sea urchin panino.
© Melissa Hom
Uni-obsessed chef Michael White.