- What It's Like to Cook with Dominique Crenn
- More Sticky, Chewy, Messy, Gooey
- Ferran Adrià's Catalan Chicken Shortcut
- Mario Batali's $1,200 Lunchbox Fund Cookbook Party
- Jamie Oliver’s Latest Bloody Brilliant Idea
- Terrific Chinese Cookbook
- The Real Dirt on The Real Dirt
- The All-Chocolate Cookbook from Brooklyn Mavericks
- Fast Lesson: Whole Grains Every Day
- Cookbook We Can’t Wait to See: Jamie Kennedy’s Book
© Courtesy of The Sims 3, EA Games
My Sim self making mac and cheese.
Using the Create-A-Sim tool, I came up with an avatar that has the above-mentioned personality traits. My Sim self reads cookbooks (such as Cooking Vol. 2: Why You Need Baking Soda), takes cooking classes at the local grocery store and practices making everything from mac and cheese to sushi, all in an effort to move up from Kitchen Scullion to Celebrated Five-Star Chef at Little Corsican Bistro.
So far, things are going pretty well in my virtual life: I’ve eaten pancakes and waffles for breakfast every day, gotten promoted twice and "acquired" new furniture for my home (OK, so I stole lamps and chairs from the bistro, but kleptomania is an acceptable mental disorder in The Sims 3). I just hope my stealing habit won't derail my culinary aspirations.