- 9 Thanksgiving Shopping Lists That Will Surprise You
- Holiday Burlesque and Other Star Chef Party Traditions
- Michael Tusk's Maine Christmas Dinner Menu
- Lessons and a Recipe from Dan Barber's Pioneering Pop-Up, WastED
- How Laurent Tourondel Makes the Sexiest Onion Ever
- Top New Orleans Pastry Chefs Name Their Favorite Local Food Innovators
- What Wine Goes Best with BBQ?
- Life Is Not a Dress Rehearsal and Other Lessons From Wine Expert Cathy Corison
- Mistakes Can Teach You So Much, Says Star Chef Tanya Holland
- 5 Tips for Launching a Brewery From Golden Road's Meg Gill
Hotel Missoni Edinburgh opens next week, the latest venture from the amazing Missoni family (check out their Wikipedia page — don't you wish you were a fashion-designing descendent of an Italian sea captain and a Friulian magistrate from then-Austrian-ruled Dalmatia? I do). The Italian designers have partnered with Rezidor Hotels to open properties across the globe (next stop: Kuwait) featuring the bold designs of the Missoni Home line, as well as rustic Italian cooking inspired by the family recipes of founder Rosita Missoni. Just to gild that lily, in Edinburgh Rosita has partnered with Giorgio Locatelli of the ridiculously good Locando Locatelli in London (the two are from the same region in Italy).
I want to go. Not just to try the scamorza, pomodoro e rucola (pan-fried scamorza cheese with tomato and arugula) at the hotel restaurant (pictured above) but for the pleasure of ordering the hamburger di manzo scozzese al formaggio—the Scottish beef hamburger with cheese—off the room service menu.