- Genius and Delicious: Kite Hill's Vegan Cheese
- Whole Foods Taps Momofuku Alum to Revamp Their Menu
- A Coffee Blended Like Wine
- 11 Chef Tips for Hosting a Super-Cozy Fall Party
- 9 Thanksgiving Shopping Lists That Will Surprise You
- Holiday Burlesque and Other Star Chef Party Traditions
- Michael Tusk's Maine Christmas Dinner Menu
- Lessons and a Recipe from Dan Barber's Pioneering Pop-Up, WastED
- How Laurent Tourondel Makes the Sexiest Onion Ever
- Top New Orleans Pastry Chefs Name Their Favorite Local Food Innovators
© Petrina Tinslay
1. It'll be the first Disney animated movie with a black princess, Tiana, complete with puffy gown and diamond tiara.
2. The voice behind Tiana's mom: none other than Oprah.
3. Tiana is an aspiring chef who dreams of owning a restaurant—in New Orleans, no less.
In Tiana's honor, here are 10 great New Orleans recipes, like Allison Vines-Rushing and Slade Rushing’s Red Velvet cake (above).