- Wine Predictions from a Guy Who Sells 42 Million Bottles a Year
- 12 Perfect Holiday Gift Wines
- Spain's #1 Source for Old Wine
- The Best Thing to Do with a Spare Bottle of Wine
- Why Would Anyone Drink Old Prosecco?
- Food & Wine Classic 2010: Top Three Highlights
- Virginia Wine Country Has a Chef Mega-Fan
- Where to Drink Wine in Santa Barbara, CA
- Lebanon's Weirdly Great Red Blend
- Ray Isle's Ultimate Super Bowl Sunday Beverage Plan
The next time you dine at A Voce in New York City, you may want to pay extra attention to the person walking you through the wine list. The restaurant, now helmed by incredibly talented executive chef Missy Robbins, is bringing in rock stars of the wine world and challenging them to assume the duties of a sommelier for a night. Axel Heinz of Tenuta dell’Ornellaia Masseto and Marchese Piero della Rochetta of Sassicaia have already moonlighted as sommeliers. Michael Mondavi will be walking guests through the wine list and pouring on June 12, and Lamberto and Ferdinando Frescobaldi will be working the floor in September. The guest-sommelier program, which is the brainchild of A Voce's wine director Olivier Flosse, will continue at the second A Voce location at the Time Warner Center when it opens this fall.