- Easter Meat
- Sneak Peek: Jean-Georges Vongerichten's ABC Kitchen
- Chino Farm Fieldtrip
- Highlights from Farm Aid 2007
- The F&W Local Resource Guide: Five More Don’t-Miss Treats
- Fresh Ideas For Our Food System
- New CSAs around the USA
- Day 1: Our Afternoon at Anson Mills
- Eat Like a Local in Kauai
- Cheese, Beer and The Fabulous Beekman Boys
Our features intern, Kaitlyn Goalen, just blogged about how Michael Pollan, Rick Bayless, Dan Barber and dozens of other food activists signed a letter to President Elect Barack Obama offering up nominations for the position of Secretary of Agriculture.
So can you.
The grassroots movement that sent the original letter, Food Democracy Now!, has an online petition some 24,000 strong. Read the plea calling for a Secretary of Agriculture who will focus on sustainable agriculture, humane animal husbandry and renewable energy. Still not convinced? New York Times op-ed columnist Nicholas Kristof's brilliant piece, "Obama’s ‘Secretary of Food’?", might just do the trick.