- Favorite New Tool for Summer Preserves
- A Hotel That Teaches Butchering
- Celebrating Earth Day Hawaiian Style
- 5 Chefs, 5 Pigs, 5 Winemakers
- Menu-Free Restaurants
- Eating Spanish Food at Tertulia Supports Vermont
- Day 5: Touring DC Central Kitchen
- The Freshest Produce in Town
- Day 2: Pigs & Produce at Thackeray Farms
- The Meat and Greet Movement
Our features intern, Kaitlyn Goalen, just blogged about how Michael Pollan, Rick Bayless, Dan Barber and dozens of other food activists signed a letter to President Elect Barack Obama offering up nominations for the position of Secretary of Agriculture.
So can you.
The grassroots movement that sent the original letter, Food Democracy Now!, has an online petition some 24,000 strong. Read the plea calling for a Secretary of Agriculture who will focus on sustainable agriculture, humane animal husbandry and renewable energy. Still not convinced? New York Times op-ed columnist Nicholas Kristof's brilliant piece, "Obama’s ‘Secretary of Food’?", might just do the trick.