- Cotton Candy Inspires a Potential Breakthrough for Artificial Organs
- Americans Are Drinking Lots of High-End Whiskey, Not So Much Cheap Gin
- Would You Eat Lab-Grown Shrimp?
- Amazon Introduces Free On-Demand Sommeliers in Japan
- France Bans Food Waste, Makes Grocery Stores Donate Unsold Items
- Starbucks Wants to Build the Eataly of Coffee
- Counterfeiters Painted Spoiled Olives to Make Them Look Fresh
- Cocktail Savvy Makes You Sexy, Says Survey
- Police Seize 9,000 Bottles of Fake Champagne
- New Book Slams Restaurants That Treat Workers Poorly
Got up at 5:15 AM today to zoom on over to the Today show, where I instructed Matt Lauer and Ann Curry in the fine art of mixing mojitos. Since this was one of Today's "whip" segments, a whopping one-and-a-half minutes long, the whole thing had to move at roughly light speed, but somehow the drink actually got made. And I have no earthly idea what prompted me to suggest pouring rum on one's best friend, but hey, can you think of a reason not to pour rum on your best friend?