- Santa Barbara’s Newest Food Stand
- Tonight's Fabulous Beekman Boys Finale
- The F&W Local Resource Guide: Five More Don’t-Miss Treats
- Burlington, Vermont Peaks
- Lessons on Food from E.B. White
- Day 1: Pit Stop at Big T Bar-B-Q
- Sneak Peek: Jean-Georges Vongerichten's ABC Kitchen
- Chino Farm Fieldtrip
- Highlights from Farm Aid 2007
- First Flush Darjeeling Est Arrivé (Nearly)
A box of Peeps, sent by my mother, just arrived in the mail, which means it’s time to start planning Easter dinner. Luckily, we’ve recently sampled an assortment of traditional Easter meats from Heritage Foods USA, the sales and marketing arm of Slow Foods USA, which sells a variety of humanely raised, heritage-breed protein from small farmers around the country. We had the dry-cured, deeply flavored Virginia ham from Edward’s Hams; fresh, tender Romney lamb from Cattail Creek Farm in Oregon; and excellent Boer goat from Dragon Fly Cove Farm in Maine. All of the meat is available here; Heritage ships overnight for orders placed by Thursday morning.
And for dessert? Peeps soufflé.