- California's New Wine Film Festival Kicks Off on Valentine's Day
- Russian Robot Nose Smells Food Freshness
- Cotton Candy Inspires a Potential Breakthrough for Artificial Organs
- Americans Are Drinking Lots of High-End Whiskey, Not So Much Cheap Gin
- Would You Eat Lab-Grown Shrimp?
- Amazon Introduces Free On-Demand Sommeliers in Japan
- France Bans Food Waste, Makes Grocery Stores Donate Unsold Items
- Starbucks Wants to Build the Eataly of Coffee
- Counterfeiters Painted Spoiled Olives to Make Them Look Fresh
- Cocktail Savvy Makes You Sexy, Says Survey
An interesting article in last Tuesday's Napa Valley Register (yes, where was I? daydreaming? waiting for info via messenger pigeon?) points out that women purchase 80% of the wine sold in the U.S. Not only that, but women have extra taste buds, too. However, even the most taste-bud-possessing woman in the world can't hold a candle to a cow; your average cow has over 25,000 tastebuds, and we humans have a mere 10,000 or so. Think about that the next time you sip your favorite Pinot Noir.