- 5 Ways to Celebrate Pi(e) Day a La Mode
- 7 Yakitori Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Banh Mi Recipes for Desk Lunch Domination
- 7 Movie Theater-Inspired Snacks for an Awesome Oscar Party
- 7 Oscar Party Foods on a Stick
- 7 Sparkling Oscar Night Cocktails
- 7 Dressed-Up Bow-Tie Pasta Recipes for Oscar Night Dinner
- 9 Elegant Oscar Party Dessert Ideas
- 11 Monday Brunch Recipes
- 11 Super-Melty-Cheesy Dishes for a Snow Day
September is a month-long celebration of bourbon as America's native spirit.
September is a month-long celebration of bourbon as America's native spirit. From cocktails to chicken fajitas, here are 15 amazing bourbon recipes to make in honor of National Bourbon Heritage Month.
1. Maple-Bourbon Smash
This take on the Old-Fashioned is best with Grade A Dark Amber maple syrup.
2. Black Pepper Biscuits with Bourbon-Molasses Butter
While star chef Bobby Flay's biscuits are delicious on their own, they're exquisite with warm butter flavored with bourbon and cinnamon.
3. Maple-Bourbon Banana Pudding Cake
While this simple cake bakes, a sweet bourbon-spiked sauce forms in the bottom of the dish.
4. Bacon-Bourbon Brownies with Pecans
Bacon fat in the batter gives these brownies extra smoky flavor.
5. Bourbon Milk Punch
Get in the holiday spirit early with this fantastic eggnog-like drink.
6. Honey-Bourbon-Glazed Ham
This gorgeous centerpiece roast features a sweet, sticky glaze spiced with fennel, coriander and star anise.
7. Evergreen Terrace
"Anyone who gets the reference loves it," says Ryan Casey of this bright, bittersweet bourbon cocktail named for the street where the TV family the Simpsons live.
8. Bourbon-Spiked Sweet Potato Puree
Upgrade mashed potatoes with good-quality bourbon.
9. Maple-Bourbon Chicken Fajitas
This fast stir-fry highlights the classic Southern flavor combination of maple and bourbon.
10. Prosciutto-Wrapped Shrimp with Bourbon Barbecue Sauce
Chef Lauren Kiino's sweet barbecue sauce made with bourbon helps the prosciutto stick to the shrimp.
11. Jam-Filled Crêpes with Orange-Bourbon Sauce
Try this amazing French dessert with raspberry or apricot jam.
12. Chocolate-Bourbon Tart
Bourbon adds fantastic smokiness to this excellent chocolate dessert.
13. Bourbon Pecan Ice Cream
What's the secret to this incredible ice cream? Lightly salted pecans, which stay crisp when added in at the same time as the bourbon.
14. Bourbon Fizz
This superb bourbon cocktail is made with pecan-flavored praline liquer.
15. Caffè Di Alpi
This adult coffee cocktail is topped with whipped cream.