- 7 Healthy Easter Egg Recipes
- 9 Delicious Easter Lunch Ideas
- Easter Menus for Every Palate
- 7 Snacks for Easter Egg Decorating
- 5 Ways to Celebrate Pi(e) Day a La Mode
- 7 Festive St. Patrick's Day Desserts
- Vegetarian Recipes for a Corned Beef-Free St. Patrick's Day
- Best Corned Beef Recipes for St. Patrick's Day Dinner
- 7 Yakitori Recipes to Make at Home
- 7 Best Shrimp Tacos for #TacoTuesday
Briny and delicious shellfish get an extra smoky boost of flavor when thrown on the grill. Here, 15 awesome recipes for your next cookout.
Briny and delicious shellfish get an extra smoky boost of flavor when thrown on the grill. Here, 15 awesome recipes for your next cookout:
1. Grilled Lobsters with Miso-Chile Butter
Grilling lobsters at home, like F&W’s Gail Simmons does, is supereasy if you have your fishmonger clean and halve the lobsters for you.
2. Charred Squid with Beans and Meyer Lemon
Meyer lemon adds fresh flavor to charred squid and fat, creamy beans.
3. Grilled Oysters Casino
Oysters update the eastern seaboard classic clams Casino. Have your fishmonger shuck them for you.
4. Cilantro Scallops
Here, scallops are tossed in a spicy, vibrant combination of garlic, lime, soy and crushed red pepper before hitting the grill.
5. Grilled Shrimp with Shrimp Butter
The secret to this amazingly simple and delicious grilled shrimp recipe from Chicago chef Stephanie Izard is the onion-and-shrimp-paste butter that’s spooned on just before serving.
6. Grilled Lobster Tails with Sorrel-Sauternes Sauce
The creamy, slightly tangy and slightly sweet sorrel sauce is an ideal foil for smoky grilled lobster. If you buy whole live lobsters, have the fishmonger split the tails for you. Save the claws for Potato and Lobster Claw Salad and the tomalley and roe for a flavored Lobster Butter.
7. Grilled Squid Skewers with Anchovy Butter
This dish is best made using small squid with bodies no longer than 4 inches. You can buy good-quality frozen small squid in 5-pound packages.
8. Seafood Mixed Grill with Red-Pepper Sauce
There's no law that says a mixed grill has to be based on meat. Shrimp, scallops, and salmon are up to the task, and, paired with a simple red-pepper sauce, make for a festive meal. Add bread, salad, and wine and you have a party.
9. Pop-Open Clams with Horseradish-Tabasco Sauce
Here, clams get put on a hot grill and then topped with a spicy sauce spiked with horseradish and Tabasco.
10. Grilled Shrimp Rolls with Sorrel
When he was a child and spent summers on Martha's Vineyard, chef Shea Gallante loved lobster rolls. For this version, he douses shrimp with gin and sherry, grills it and mixes it with a fragrant scallion-tarragon mayonnaise.
11. Vineyard Sea Grill
This dish was inspired by a trip Mario Batali and his friends took to Cambados, a coastal village in Galicia, where they were put to work harvesting clams. Later at the Vionta Winery, just outside Cambados, Mario built a fire from dried grapevines and corncobs—"for a bit of sweetness"—and grilled lobsters and navajas (razor clams).
12. Peel-and-Eat Grilled Shrimp with Harissa
These sauce-coated shrimp are messy and delicious. You can split the shells before grilling to make the shrimp a little easier to peel, or keep the shells intact so the shrimp are juicier.
13. Fire-Grilled Oysters with Green Garlic and Pastis Butter
The mingling of oyster juices with butter, herbs, chile and pastis makes these irresistibly slurp-able.
14. Grilled Soft-Shell Crabs with Lemon Mayonnaise and Apple-Fennel Salad
Cooking soft-shell crabs on the grill gives them a smoky flavor and an appealingly chewy texture. The accompanying salad is Mario Batali's Italian riff on coleslaw—it's made with apples and fennel, which adds a tasty licorice bite.
15. Greek Grilled Scallop Sandwiches
Michael Psilakis uses a grilled, sliced scallop as the "bread" in his playful version of a finger sandwich, filled with plums, prosciutto and pea tendrils and topped with Greek yogurt. He says, "It's English high tea meets crazy Greek chef."