- 7 Best Pumpkin Brunch Recipes
- 9 Easy Fall Breakfasts to Make in 35 Minutes or Less
- 7 Best Sweet Potato Desserts for Fall
- 5 Spritzy Hard Cider Cocktails
- 5 Hearty Stuffed Mushrooms Recipes
- 9 Super-Tasty Meatless Burgers for Memorial Day
- 10 Superfast Grilling Recipes
- 5 Fall Recipes to Make with Both Apple and Pumpkin
- How to Make the Meatballs from Jimmy Kimmel's Emmy's Afterparty
- 5 Egg Appetizers for Easter
Here, a dozen incredible ideas for the best-ever ice cream sundaes.
Thanks to this week’s episode of Mad Genius Tips, you can have all the homemade ice cream you want—no ice cream maker needed. That calls for a DIY sundae bar! Here, a dozen incredible ideas for the best-ever ice cream sundaes.
1. German Chocolate Cake Sundae
Crumbled chocolate wafers, candied pecans and coconut chips come together with coconut ice cream to create a deconstructed take on classic German chocolate cake.
2. White Fudge Sundae
For a reverse sundae, top chocolate ice cream with white–chocolate fudge sauce and cocoa whipped cream.
3. Halvah-Sesame Sundae
Halvah (a Middle Eastern confection made with ground sesame seeds and honey) is terrific with caramel on sesame or plain vanilla ice cream.
4. Caramelized Pineapple Sundaes with Coconut This tropical sundae is topped with grilled pineapple, fresh coconut and mint sprigs.
5. Butter-Pecan Blondie Sundaes with Creamy Caramel Sauce
The key to a really great sundae is a balance of textures. This one includes pecan-studded blondies and candied pecans.
6. Vanilla Ice Cream Sundaes with Hot Fudge and Caramel Sauces
This classic sundae is topped with homemade hot fudge and caramel sauces.
7. Vietnamese Coffee Sundaes with Crushed Peanut Brittle
The Vietnamese love drinking super-strong iced coffee combined with copious amounts of sweetened condensed milk. This simple sundae is a great way to enjoy the same flavors.
8. Caramel–Passion Fruit Sundaes
To make these layered, free-form sundaes quickly, use store-bought caramel or butterscotch sauce.
9. Bubble Sundaes with Peach-Blueberry Compote
Inspired by bubble tea, this sundae is topped with chewy tapioca pearls cooked in lemonade.
10. Bourbon–Nectarine Ice Cream Sundaes with Pound-Cake Croutons
This is an excellent grown-up version of an ice cream sundae, made with lush nectarines cooked in bourbon.
11. Apple Pie Sundaes with Cheddar Crust Shards
The crispy, salty cheddar crisps that accompany these sundaes are as good with cocktails as they are with ice cream.
12. Roasted Pear Sundaes with Balsamic-Caramel Sauce
Use high-quality balsamic vinegar in this sundae’s sweet–tangy caramel sauce.