- 5 Easy Summer Recipes to Make from the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen
- What Wine Goes Best With Burgers?
- 7 Killer Spanish-Style Barbecue Dishes
- 11 Essential Southern Recipes for Those Who Missed Carla Hall at the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen
- Drinking with Drew Barrymore, Part Two: On Wedding Gifts, Her New Pinot Noir, and the Best Wine for Game of Thrones' Khaleesi
- Wine Pairing Simplified
- 16 Incredibly Delicious Things We Ate at This Year's Food & Wine Classic in Aspen
- 8 Boozy Moments from the 2014 F&W Classic in Aspen
- 5 Cookie Tips from Milk Bar's Christina Tosi
- The Food & Wine Classic in Aspen is America's Hottest Festival, says Adweek
Tomorrow morning, L.A. chef Sang Yoon will give an expert lesson in frying at the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen. The seminar will feature a range of frying techniques from dry dredging to beer battering. If you can’t be there for Yoon’s crispy course, try making one these globally inspired fried dishes at home.
Tomorrow, L.A. chef Sang Yoon (known for his incredible burger and fantastic fries at Father’s Office and his no-ketchup policy) will give an expert lesson in frying at the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen. The seminar will feature a range of frying techniques from dry dredging to beer battering. If you can’t be there for Yoon’s crispy course, try making one these globally inspired fried dishes at home.
1. Creole-Spiced Fried Chicken
A homemade Creole spice mix flavors this exceptional sweet-tea-and-buttermilk-brined fried chicken.
2. Masala Fried Shrimp
This tasty shrimp is brightly flavored and nicely spiced, with an appealing heat that lingers.
3. Crispy Corn Tortillas with Chicken and Cheddar
For these flautas, tortillas are rolled around a savory filling and pan-fried until crisp.
4. Crispy Fried Tofu
This is a great recipe to make for people who don’t like tofu.
5. Pickled Fried Fish with Danish Rye Bread and Crème Fraîche
While this Scandinavian dish is traditionally made with herring, it’s also great with freshwater fish like fluke, walleye or flounder.
6. Fried Plantains
Crisp, salty fried plantain slices, or tostones, are a ubiquitous side dish at Latin American restaurants.
7. Fried Shrimp Dumplings
These ultra-crispy dumplings are the perfect party snack.
8. Korean-Style Fried Cauliflower
Also known as KFC, these cauliflower florets are tossed with a sweet and fiery sauce made with gochujang, the pepper paste that is a staple of Korean cooking.
9. Thai-Style Fried Squid with Chile-Lime Mayonnaise
You can make this incredible dish in just 25 minutes.
10. Easy Persian Fried Fish
Turmeric gives this supersimple fish a vibrant yellow color, but it’s the aromatic fenugreek leaves that give it a distinctive flavor.
11. Bacaro-Style Fried Meatballs with Potato
These Venetian meatballs are delightfully soft on the inside because they contain a large proportion of mashed potatoes.
12. Crispy Udon Noodles with Nori Salt
Inspired by a snack served at Japanese restaurants, udon noodles are boiled until al dente, then quickly fried in vegetable oil.
Get the inside scoop on the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen by following #FWFesties and #FWClassic on Twitter and Instagram.