- 8 Affordable Luxury Mother's Day Gift Ideas for Moms Who Love Food (and Wine!)
- Where Do Those Weird Food Holidays Come From?
- What to Drink on Leap Day
- Today's the Day to Eat Whatever You Want
- How to Throw a Forbidden Rice Feast
- Best New Cocktail Snacks
- 12 Days of Wine Bags, Day 8
- For Champagne, Skip the Flute
- 12 Days of Wine Gifts, Day 2
- How to Make Marmalade
On the 12th Day of Wine Bags my true love gave to me, a tote made from an old sleeve.
© North Wood Blanket Co.
Hooray! We've made it the twelfth and final bag in this holiday wine carrier spectacular! I've had a fun time tracking these things down, and it's been exciting to see the endless design possibilities for carrying a bottle of wine.
Which brings me to today's wine-bottle gift-bag: Ontario designer Lori Norwood of North Wood Blanket Co. repurposes the sleeves of old sweaters, turning them into vibrant, cozy, little wool bags that will hug your wine just like a sleeping bag.
Now, what to go in these bags? This time of year I gravitate toward Loire Valley Cabernet Franc for the herbal qualities it takes on—when it's good—and for the brambly berry notes it almost always has. Lately, I've been particularly into the rosemary-scented 2007 Charles Joguet Cuvée Terroir Chinon ($18, find this wine), perfect for holiday roasts and sipping by the fire.