- How to Cook 3 Supercheap and Insanely Delicious Cuts of Lamb
- How to Make Marmalade
- Double-Duty Thanksgiving Dessert
- Ray Isle's Sake Buying Guide
- Great Kosher for Passover Wines
- Wacky Holiday Food Gifts
- Get Some Holiday Spirit(s)
- 3 DIY Gifts for Cocktail-Lovers
- Hanukkah Toffee Matzo
- Andrew Zimmern’s Chopped Chicken Liver for Hanukkah
© North Wood Blanket Co.
Hooray! We've made it the twelfth and final bag in this holiday wine carrier spectacular! I've had a fun time tracking these things down, and it's been exciting to see the endless design possibilities for carrying a bottle of wine.
Which brings me to today's wine-bottle gift-bag: Ontario designer Lori Norwood of North Wood Blanket Co. repurposes the sleeves of old sweaters, turning them into vibrant, cozy, little wool bags that will hug your wine just like a sleeping bag.
Now, what to go in these bags? This time of year I gravitate toward Loire Valley Cabernet Franc for the herbal qualities it takes on—when it's good—and for the brambly berry notes it almost always has. Lately, I've been particularly into the rosemary-scented 2007 Charles Joguet Cuvée Terroir Chinon ($18, find this wine), perfect for holiday roasts and sipping by the fire.