- Pinot Noir’s Next Hot Region?
- Greece's Answer to Pinot Noir
- A Chardonnay for Relaxing on the Couch
- My First House White
- 3 Terrific Wines to Pair with Short Ribs
- An $11 Spanish Red Made from a Grape You've Never Heard Of
- A Red to Drink with Porchetta
- 3 Cheap Wines to Pair with Salads
- 3 Bottles From France’s Best Value Region
- A Côtes du Rhône for Stews and Roasts
Here, wine experts reveal their favorite bottles costing less than $17. Many of the selections are lesser known but absolutely worth the search.
Who: Charles Antin, wine specialist at Christie’s, Food & Wine contributor
Why: "It goes against popular wine thought to age a Muscadet for 11 years but in some cases it works," says Antin. This super mineral wine is made from grapes grown on very old vines—30 to 80 years old. To give the wine its complexity and concentration, it's aged on its lees (the yeast particles left after fermentation) for seven years (!) before it's bottled. "Plus, I lived in Muscadet country around when this wine was harvested, so there is a nostalgic element," Antin says.