- 5 Ways to Celebrate Pi(e) Day a La Mode
- 7 Yakitori Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Banh Mi Recipes for Desk Lunch Domination
- 7 Movie Theater-Inspired Snacks for an Awesome Oscar Party
- 7 Oscar Party Foods on a Stick
- 7 Sparkling Oscar Night Cocktails
- 7 Dressed-Up Bow-Tie Pasta Recipes for Oscar Night Dinner
- 9 Elegant Oscar Party Dessert Ideas
- 11 Monday Brunch Recipes
- 11 Super-Melty-Cheesy Dishes for a Snow Day
Here, 11 innovative ways to use as much zucchini as possible while it’s in its prime.
Sometimes zucchini is so plentiful during the summer, it can seem overwhelming. We’re here to help. Below, 11 innovative ways to use as much zucchini as possible while it’s in its prime. Plus, many of these recipes will be even easier to fix using this week’s Mad Genius Tips video on the quick and easy way to prep zucchini.
1. Silky Zucchini Soup
This simple, creamy zucchini soup is delicious served either hot or chilled.
2. Zucchini Omelet
As much zucchini as it is egg, this flat, Greek-inspired omelet works for brunch, supper or even as an appetizer, sliced into thin wedges.
3. Grilled Zucchini with Fresh Mozzarella
The delicate taste of fresh mozzarella offers a delicious counterpoint to the garlic-and-vinegar-macerated zucchini.
Related: 4th of July Appetizers
4. Zucchini, Corn, Black Bean and Jack Cheese Quesadillas
These quick quesadillas are perfect for lunch.
5. Grilled Zucchini Kebabs with Zucchini Dip
The sauce for these vegetarian kebabs is made with pureed zucchini, garlic, onion, basil and lemon juice.
6. Zucchini with Niçoise Olives and Burrata
Tom Colicchio captures the essence of zucchini by braising it quickly and then tossing it with briny olives.
7. Raw and Charred Zucchini Salad
Make this salad at the peak of zucchini season.
8. Hummus and Grilled-Zucchini Pizzas
This fantastic pizza is made with just three ingredients: pre-made pizza dough, zucchini and packaged roasted-garlic hummus.
9. Grilled-Zucchini Subs with Fresh Mozzarella and Olivada
Creamy mozzarella plus smoky zucchini plus tangy olivada equals one great sandwich.
10. Zucchini Linguine with Herbs
Treat shredded zucchini and scallions like noodles for a fun, healthy dinner.
11. Shaved Zucchini with Miso Vinaigrette
This salad gets a delicious crunch from toasted sesame seeds and strips of nori.