- A Go-To Wine Pairing for Pulled Pork
- A Chardonnay for Relaxing on the Couch
- 3 Best-Ever Sweater-Weather Reds
- A Winemaker’s Secret Inexpensive Go-To Sparkler
- 3 Bottles From France’s Best Value Region
- 5 Wines to Pair with Roast Chicken
- A Red That Can Pair with Asparagus
- The Best Wines to Pair with Mac and Cheese
- A Fruity, Floral Red from Spain’s Ribeira Sacra
- Ever Wanted to Taste a Watermelon Cloud?
“This little Spanish gem is my personal go-to,” says wine buyer Adam Morey.
Here, wine experts reveal their favorite bottles costing less than $17. Many of the selections are lesser known but absolutely worth the search.
Who: Adam Morey, manager and buyer, Empire Wines, Albany, NY
Why: “This little Spanish gem is my personal go-to,” says Morey. The dark-fruited wine is made from 100 percent Cencibel (the local name for Tempranillo in La Mancha). “The purity of fruit here is astonishing for a wine that retails for just $10.95 per bottle. It’s one of the most exciting values I have tasted in quite some time.”
Kristin Donnelly is a former Food & Wine editor and cofounder of Stewart & Claire, an all-natural line of lip balms made in Brooklyn.