- 3 Best-Ever Sweater-Weather Reds
- In Defense of Cabernet Franc
- A Go-To Cocktail Party Red
- A Napa Valley Sommelier’s Go-To
- A Winemaker’s Secret Inexpensive Go-To Sparkler
- Pinot Noir’s Next Hot Region?
- Greece's Answer to Pinot Noir
- A Chardonnay for Relaxing on the Couch
- My First House White
- 3 Terrific Wines to Pair with Short Ribs
“This little Spanish gem is my personal go-to,” says wine buyer Adam Morey.
Here, wine experts reveal their favorite bottles costing less than $17. Many of the selections are lesser known but absolutely worth the search.
Who: Adam Morey, manager and buyer, Empire Wines, Albany, NY
Why: “This little Spanish gem is my personal go-to,” says Morey. The dark-fruited wine is made from 100 percent Cencibel (the local name for Tempranillo in La Mancha). “The purity of fruit here is astonishing for a wine that retails for just $10.95 per bottle. It’s one of the most exciting values I have tasted in quite some time.”
Kristin Donnelly is a former Food & Wine editor and cofounder of Stewart & Claire, an all-natural line of lip balms made in Brooklyn.