- 11 Monday Brunch Recipes
- Supper Bowls for the Super Bowl
- 5 New Ways to Make Biscuits
- 7 Best Parfaits to Show Off Summer Fruit
- 5 DIY Cereals
- How to Use Your Cast-Iron Skillet All Winter Long
- No Animals Were Hurt in the Making of These Vegetarian Carpaccios
- 7 Superfast Fried Game Day Desserts
- 9 Extremely Delicious Things to Make With Kabocha Squash
- 7 Vibrant Recipes for the First Day of Spring
Having a tough time deciding on a New Year’s Eve menu? You can’t go wrong with fresh, pristine seafood like raw oysters, buttery salmon and sweet, plump scallops.
Here, 11 extra-elegant, Champagne-worthy seafood dishes with which to ring in the New Year.
1. Oysters on the Half Shell with Ceviche Topping
Instead of the typical mignonette sauce, these raw oysters are topped with a crunchy, spicy mix of diced cucumber, chiles and pear.
2. Spicy Uni-Lardo Sushi in Lettuce Cups
These lettuce cups are filled with surprising and boldly flavored ingredients—crisped balls of sushi rice wrapped in paper-thin sheets of lardo (pork fat) and topped with fresh uni (sea urchin).
3. Smoked Salmon Involtini with Artichoke Hearts
Easy and delicious, this simple appetizer requires just four ingredients.
4. Scallop Crudo with Lemon and Piment d’Espelette
This amazingly simple and elegant recipe from chef Eric Ripert features thin slices of raw sea scallops topped with a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil, fresh lemon juice and a dusting of mildly spicy red pepper.
5. Poached Tuna with Kumquats and Jalapeño
This incredibly quick dish from New Orleans chef Donald Link features tuna steaks poached until rare in a bright, buttery sauce that's infused with tangy lime and kumquats, spicy jalapeños and fresh mint.
6. Salmon-and-Citrus Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing (above)
Tangy grapefruit and creamy avocado are amazing with salmon.
7. Foie Gras-Steamed Clams
Chef Jonathon Sawyer uses a little bit of foie gras to create a luscious sauce for clams. "It's such a simple recipe," he says. "I just put the clams, foie gras and vinegar in a pot and just let them get to know each other for a while."
8. Crab Cakes with Smoky Onion Remoulade
Cornflakes make an extra-crisp coating for crab cakes.
9. Chili Lobster
In this take on a classic Singaporean dish, the traditional crab is swapped for sweet lobster.
11. Montauk Scallop and Oyster Pan Roast
Scallops and oysters are a perfect briny, oceanic duo, and this recipe marries them perfectly.