Here, 11 extra-elegant, Champagne-worthy seafood dishes with which to ring in the New Year.
1. Oysters on the Half Shell with Ceviche Topping
Instead of the typical mignonette sauce, these raw oysters are topped with a crunchy, spicy mix of diced cucumber, chiles and pear.
- Watch: The Best Way to Fry Seafood
- Why You Should Drink Bourbon With Oysters
- The Differences Between Gravlax, Lox and Smoked Salmon (and How to Make All Three)
2. Spicy Uni-Lardo Sushi in Lettuce Cups
These lettuce cups are filled with surprising and boldly flavored ingredients—crisped balls of sushi rice wrapped in paper-thin sheets of lardo (pork fat) and topped with fresh uni (sea urchin).