- 7 Healthy Easter Egg Recipes
- 9 Delicious Easter Lunch Ideas
- Easter Menus for Every Palate
- 7 Snacks for Easter Egg Decorating
- 5 Ways to Celebrate Pi(e) Day a La Mode
- 7 Festive St. Patrick's Day Desserts
- Vegetarian Recipes for a Corned Beef-Free St. Patrick's Day
- Best Corned Beef Recipes for St. Patrick's Day Dinner
- 7 Yakitori Recipes to Make at Home
- 7 Best Shrimp Tacos for #TacoTuesday
Because the Fourth of July falls on a Saturday this year, most people are getting Friday off. Take advantage of the extra day of prep time and get to work making one of these time-consuming (but incredibly rewarding and impressive) grilling recipes.
Because the Fourth of July falls on a Saturday this year, most people are getting Friday off. Take advantage of the extra day of prep time and get to work making one of these time-consuming (but incredibly rewarding and impressive) grilling recipes. You only get one Fourth of July a year—go ahead and show off.
1. Barbecued Brisket and Burnt Ends
Ten hours on the grill with a slather, a rub and a mop give this brisket an extraordinarily robust flavor.
2. Grilled Marrow Bones with Rosemary-Lemon Bruschetta
Chef Chris Cosentino uses the phrase God’s butter to describe this rich, decadent bone marrow.
3. Cedar-Planked Salmon with Lemon and Dill
Curing raw salmon fillets in a combination of salt, sugar, dill and lemon zest for 90 minutes, then soaking them in sake for an hour, gives the fish an exceptionally silky texture and delicate flavor.
4. Tandoori Leg of Lamb
Here, Steven Raichlen follows the traditional method of tandoori marinating—a wash of lemon juice followed by a long bath in a yogurt-based marinade—using a tender, succulent leg of lamb.
5. Smoky Barbecued Chicken
This amber-colored chicken is incredibly delicious thanks to an overnight marinade, a spice-and-sugar rub, a sweet-sour mop and four hours on the grill.
6. Citrus and Garlic Pork Shoulder
This marinated bone-in pork shoulder should be one of the first things to go on the grill, so it has plenty of time to roast slowly.
7. Whole Grilled Fish with Crispy Garlic and Red Chiles
Flaky and flavorful, this fish is grilled in banana leaves with soy, sherry and ginger.
8. Grilled Leg of Lamb, Mexican-Style
This juicy leg of lamb is best stuffed in homemade tortillas.
9. Vineyard Sea Grill
Live lobster and sweet razor clams are amazing when grilled.
10. Chicken Grilled Under a Brick
Marinating chickens overnight seasons them all the way through; grilling them under a brick makes the skin crisp.
11. Lobster Paella on the Grill
This impressive and subtly smoky paella—studded with lobster, shrimp, clams and chorizo—cooks on the grill in one big pan.