- Get Your Omega 3s from These Salmon Pasta Recipes
- 8 Brilliant Ways to Use Bacon in Pasta Dishes
- 7 Grown-Up Recipes for Pasta Shells
- 7 One-Pot Dinners to Make Now
- 11 Best Pasta Recipes for Fall
- 5 Ways to Eat More Hummus at Brunch
- How to Fall-ify Your Pancakes
- How to Pumpkin Spice Everything
- 11 Ways to Use Cranberries (Other Than Cranberry Sauce)
- 9 Killer Pumpkin Desserts for Halloween
Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia has rendered a controversial verdict: Chicago-style deep-dish pizza "shouldn't be called pizza."
Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia has rendered a controversial verdict: Chicago-style deep-dish pizza "shouldn't be called pizza." If the justice's conservative definition of pizza can't accommodate Chicago's extra-thick, super-cheesy variation, we hate to imagine what he'd say about grilled pizza, or pizza made with sweet potatoes instead of tomato sauce, or a dessert pizza topped with chocolate and gooey marshmallows. Here, 10 unconventional-but-delicious pizzas to challenge Antonin Scalia's most deeply-held convictions.
1. Pizza with Smoked Salmon, Crème Fraîche and Caviar
Wolfgang Puck's delicious pizza features decadent toppings: smoked salmon, crème fraîche and black or golden caviar.
2. Bacon-and-Egg Pizza
Topped with both creamy scrambled eggs, crispy bacon and two kinds of cheese, this is the ideal brunch pizza.
3. Four-Cheese Grilled Pesto Pizza
Mozzarella, Fontina, provolone and scamorza star on this delicious white pizza, which is also topped with garlicky pesto.
4. Turkish Ground-Lamb Pizzas
Kantin Dukkan's hearty pizza features ground lamb flavored with sun-dried tomatoes and spicy red pepper, and it's baked with an egg on top.
5. Sweet Potato, Balsamic Onion and Soppressata Pizza
Mashed sweet potatoes take the place of traditional sauce on this quick pizza.
6. Japanese Pizza
"Think fried rice meets pizza," says F&W Chef-in-Residence Grant Achatz of this fun dish.
7. Hummus and Grilled-Zucchini Pizzas
Garlicky prepared hummus stands in for cheese here.
8. Gluten-Free Pepperoni Pan Pizza
These personal-sized pizzas feature perfectly chewy crusts and are completely gluten-free.
9. Whole-Wheat Pizza with Onions and Bitter Greens
Olympic swimmer Garrett Weber-Gale tops this healthy pizza with bitter greens and sweet caramelized onions.
10. S'mores Pizza
Chris Ainsworth's fantastic dessert pizza features crumbled graham crackers, gooey marshmallows and melted chocolate.