- 7 Healthy Easter Egg Recipes
- 9 Delicious Easter Lunch Ideas
- Easter Menus for Every Palate
- 7 Snacks for Easter Egg Decorating
- 5 Ways to Celebrate Pi(e) Day a La Mode
- 7 Festive St. Patrick's Day Desserts
- Vegetarian Recipes for a Corned Beef-Free St. Patrick's Day
- Best Corned Beef Recipes for St. Patrick's Day Dinner
- 7 Yakitori Recipes to Make at Home
- 7 Best Shrimp Tacos for #TacoTuesday
Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia has rendered a controversial verdict: Chicago-style deep-dish pizza "shouldn't be called pizza."
Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia has rendered a controversial verdict: Chicago-style deep-dish pizza "shouldn't be called pizza." If the justice's conservative definition of pizza can't accommodate Chicago's extra-thick, super-cheesy variation, we hate to imagine what he'd say about grilled pizza, or pizza made with sweet potatoes instead of tomato sauce, or a dessert pizza topped with chocolate and gooey marshmallows. Here, 10 unconventional-but-delicious pizzas to challenge Antonin Scalia's most deeply-held convictions.
1. Pizza with Smoked Salmon, Crème Fraîche and Caviar
Wolfgang Puck's delicious pizza features decadent toppings: smoked salmon, crème fraîche and black or golden caviar.
2. Bacon-and-Egg Pizza
Topped with both creamy scrambled eggs, crispy bacon and two kinds of cheese, this is the ideal brunch pizza.
3. Four-Cheese Grilled Pesto Pizza
Mozzarella, Fontina, provolone and scamorza star on this delicious white pizza, which is also topped with garlicky pesto.
4. Turkish Ground-Lamb Pizzas
Kantin Dukkan's hearty pizza features ground lamb flavored with sun-dried tomatoes and spicy red pepper, and it's baked with an egg on top.
5. Sweet Potato, Balsamic Onion and Soppressata Pizza
Mashed sweet potatoes take the place of traditional sauce on this quick pizza.
6. Japanese Pizza
"Think fried rice meets pizza," says F&W Chef-in-Residence Grant Achatz of this fun dish.
7. Hummus and Grilled-Zucchini Pizzas
Garlicky prepared hummus stands in for cheese here.
8. Gluten-Free Pepperoni Pan Pizza
These personal-sized pizzas feature perfectly chewy crusts and are completely gluten-free.
9. Whole-Wheat Pizza with Onions and Bitter Greens
Olympic swimmer Garrett Weber-Gale tops this healthy pizza with bitter greens and sweet caramelized onions.
10. S'mores Pizza
Chris Ainsworth's fantastic dessert pizza features crumbled graham crackers, gooey marshmallows and melted chocolate.