- 3 Genius Ideas for Using Hot Sauce
- DIY Cured Salmon
- All You Need for a Boozy and Bacony DIY Brunch
- 7 Irresistible Rhubarb Desserts
- 7 Killer Spanish-Style Barbecue Dishes
- 7 Gorgeous Summer Salads
- 5 Fast Fruit Desserts You Should Definitely Grill Right Now
- 6 Foods for Dedicated Garlic Lovers
- 5 Best-Ever Summer Brunch Cocktails
- 9 Best-Ever Strawberry Dishes for Brunch
Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia has rendered a controversial verdict: Chicago-style deep-dish pizza "shouldn't be called pizza."
Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia has rendered a controversial verdict: Chicago-style deep-dish pizza "shouldn't be called pizza." If the justice's conservative definition of pizza can't accommodate Chicago's extra-thick, super-cheesy variation, we hate to imagine what he'd say about grilled pizza, or pizza made with sweet potatoes instead of tomato sauce, or a dessert pizza topped with chocolate and gooey marshmallows. Here, 10 unconventional-but-delicious pizzas to challenge Antonin Scalia's most deeply-held convictions.
1. Pizza with Smoked Salmon, Crème Fraîche and Caviar
Wolfgang Puck's delicious pizza features decadent toppings: smoked salmon, crème fraîche and black or golden caviar.
2. Bacon-and-Egg Pizza
Topped with both creamy scrambled eggs, crispy bacon and two kinds of cheese, this is the ideal brunch pizza.
3. Four-Cheese Grilled Pesto Pizza
Mozzarella, Fontina, provolone and scamorza star on this delicious white pizza, which is also topped with garlicky pesto.
4. Turkish Ground-Lamb Pizzas
Kantin Dukkan's hearty pizza features ground lamb flavored with sun-dried tomatoes and spicy red pepper, and it's baked with an egg on top.
5. Sweet Potato, Balsamic Onion and Soppressata Pizza
Mashed sweet potatoes take the place of traditional sauce on this quick pizza.
6. Japanese Pizza
"Think fried rice meets pizza," says F&W Chef-in-Residence Grant Achatz of this fun dish.
7. Hummus and Grilled-Zucchini Pizzas
Garlicky prepared hummus stands in for cheese here.
8. Gluten-Free Pepperoni Pan Pizza
These personal-sized pizzas feature perfectly chewy crusts and are completely gluten-free.
9. Whole-Wheat Pizza with Onions and Bitter Greens
Olympic swimmer Garrett Weber-Gale tops this healthy pizza with bitter greens and sweet caramelized onions.
10. S'mores Pizza
Chris Ainsworth's fantastic dessert pizza features crumbled graham crackers, gooey marshmallows and melted chocolate.